- Are you setting up an energy community?
- Would like to join one but don’t know where to find it or where to start?
- You are part of a community energy initiative and want to find tools to help you develop, manage and grow?
- You need to analyse potential business models and who are the stakeholders that would have to involved?
This event, organised by 9 projects funded by the European programme H2020 and working on the topic of energy communities, will showcase in an interactive manner 15 tools they are making available to people setting up / managing / growing energy communities: citizens, future and existing energy communities, policymakers, other projects / initiatives, RESCoops, etc.
Many EU projects work on the topic of energy communities and develop tools useful for various stakeholders at different stages of community energy initiatives and for different end goals (research, policymaking, business models, technology assessment, energy sharing etc.). This event will cluster 15 tools in 3 groups (which are also our event sessions), to make sure stakeholders know where to go when they have a need, based on which stage of developing a community energy initiative an actor is:
- Inform yourself – Prior to starting a community energy initiative – understanding the basic concepts, researching and information collection
- Test your market, your ideas, technologies – Organising and planning a community energy initiative – testing the market, which technologies to use, which business model and legal framework and how others have been doing
- Lets act – get people involved and grow – Growing and improving an existing community initiative – Getting more people involved, engaging different social groups, data and energy sharing, one-stop shops.
The workshop will present tools in a simple and easy to understand way, in a 3-min pitch format for each tool, ending each session with a discussion with you, the audience!
This will be an opportunity to have your voice heard, ask questions and give valuable feedback to the tools developers. EC², BECoop, DECIDE, eCREW, UP-STAIRS, COME RES, NEWCOMERS, W4RES have worked together for a few months and are glad to share the results of this collaboration with you. We are also glad to have POWERPOOR join us to present their Energy Poverty Mitigation Toolkit.
Join us – for the full event or only the part that interests you!
Agenda (the final agenda will be shared early April):
- 9.00-9.15 Welcome + Mapping of projects and tools, Marine Perrio, IEECP
- 9.15-9.30 Keynote (tbc – Community Power Coalition)
- 9.30-10.30 Inform yourself (knowledge hubs, knowledge sharing tools, etc.) – Panel, each tool pitched, discussion and questions from the audience. Tools from BECoop, UP-STAIRS, NEWCOMERS, EC2, DECIDE and W4RES.
- 10.30-10.45 Coffee break
- 10.45 – 11.45 Test your market, your ideas, technologies (business modelling tools, one-stop-shops, regulatory hubs, etc.)– Panel, each tool pitched, discussion and questions from the audience. Tools from BECoop, eCREW, UP-STAIRS, COME RES), DECIDE and W4RES.
- 11.45-12.15 Let’s act – get people involved and grow (user engagement tools, technology assessment tools, etc) – Panel, each tool pitched, discussion and questions from the audience. Tools from BECoop, DECIDE and W4RES.
- 12.15-12.30 Conclusions from each discussion panel and closing
Please note that two events complement ours perfectly and are organised in the same timeframe:
- April 20-22: Energy communities empowering our future – REScoop.eu conference 2022, https://www.rescoop.eu/news-and-events/events/energy-communities-empowering-our-future-rescoop-eu-conference-2022
- April 28-29: NEWCOMERS, COMETS, SocialRES and SONNET will have a combined final policy event (hybrid and in Brussels + Antwerp): Putting people at the heart of energy transitions